We’ve all heard the old adage, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” but did you know there are many health benefits to this delicious fruit? Apples can fight cancer, heart disease, and strokes. So crunch away!
– Apples are filled with soluble fiber that has been shown to reduce intestinal disorders. Fiber also helps control insulin levels by releasing sugar slowly into the bloodstream and cleanses and detoxifies, which helps eliminate heavy metals.
– Apple pectin helps reduce cholesterol levels by lowering insulin secretion.
– In two studies, researchers found that eating five apples a week lowered the risk for respiratory diseases like asthma.
– According to Chinese medicine, apples strengthen the heart, quench thirst, lubricate the lungs, decrease mucous and increase body fluids.
– According to a Brazilian study, eating an apple before a meal helped women lose 33 percent more weight than those who didn’t.
– Apples are packed with vitamins C, A, and flavonoids and with smaller amounts of phosphorus, iron and calcium.
– Apples provide a source of potassium which may promote heart health.
So there you have it … lots of good reasons why it is good for you to eat an apple a day! Check out this article to learn more.
What do you love most about apples? Comment below.